Carpentry / Crew Internship
2017 - 2018 Season
Extended Application Deadline: June 2, 2017
The Carpentry/Crew Intern will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while performing the following duties:
- Assist with construction, load-in, installation, and strike of sets
- Clean and maintain shop facilities and equipment
- Additional projects as assigned
- Crew select Virginia Rep productions. Assignments will be made during the course of the year. Assignments may entail running crew, fly rail, spot operators, dressers, etc.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, including the proper use of hand and power tools
- Able to comfortably lift up to 70 lbs.
- Experience with scenic painting or design preferred
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: August 29, 2017 – May 21, 2018
Compensation: $180/week without Virginia Rep housing; $130/week with Virginia Rep housing
Supervisor: Technical Director