High School Backstage Internships
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
Virginia Rep offers a limited number of backstage internships each summer for high school students.
High School Backstage Interns will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while crewing one of Virginia Rep’s summer productions.
High school students are not compensated and are not eligible for company housing.
Dates for Backstage Internships are to be determined but will take place during June, July and/or August.
- High school theatre experience required, run crew or technical theatre experience preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Able to take direction and criticism well
- Able to provide own transportation
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred