Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
The Carpentry Summer Intern will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while performing the following duties:
- Assist with construction, load-in, installation, and strike of sets
- Clean and maintain shop facilities and equipment
- Crew one of Virginia Rep’s summer productions
- Additional projects as assigned
- Basic knowledge of carpentry, including the proper use of hand and power tools
- Able to comfortably lift up to 70 lbs.
- Experience with scenic painting or design preferred
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: May 30 – August 21, 2017
Supervisor: Technical Director
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those Interns in need of such. For those Interns who are able to house themselves locally, the stipend will be $180/week. For those Interns in need of VA Rep housing, the stipend will be $130/week. Each Intern will share a bedroom with another Intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.