Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
The Electrics Summer Intern will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while performing the following duties:
- Assist with electrics load-in, hang, focus, and strike
- Help facilitate audio/visual setup for special events and projects
- Clean and organize electrics equipment
- Crew one of Virginia Rep’s summer productions
- Additional projects as assigned
- Background in electrics and/or sound design or engineering
- Basic knowledge of modern lighting and sound equipment required; experience with computerized sound systems a plus
- Comfortable lifting up to 70 lbs. and working in a harness at heights of up to approximately 60 ft.
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: May 30 – August 21, 2017
Supervisor: Master Electrician
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those Interns in need of such. For those Interns who are able to house themselves locally, the stipend will be $180/week. For those Interns in need of VA Rep housing, the stipend will be $130/week. Each Intern will share a bedroom with another Intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.