MArketing / PR / Front of House
Application Deadline: March 10, 2018
The Marketing/PR/House Management Intern will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while learning about the day-to- day operations of the Marketing Department and house managing select shows in the Virginia Rep seasons.
- Assist the marketing team to help promote the image of the theatre both locally and nationally
- Assist in the creation/proofreading of promotional materials and the coordination of promotional marketing events
- Represent Virginia Rep at various community events
- Conduct marketing research as needed
- Help maintain and foster Virginia Rep’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Attend marketing meetings
- House Manage select Virginia Rep productions
- Additional projects as assigned
- Proficient knowledge of various social media applications mandatory; knowledge of Adobe inDesign, Photoshop and Tessitura a plus
- Interest in selling/marketing a product/experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to take direction well
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: May 29 – August 20, 2018
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those Interns in need of such. For those Interns who are able to house themselves locally, the stipend will be $180/week. For those Interns in need of VA Rep housing, the stipend will be $130/week. Each Intern will share a bedroom with another Intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.