4th Wall Student Leadership Program
About 4th Wall | Meet the Students
4th Wall students photo by Jason Collins Photography
The mission of The 4th Wall is to enable young theatre lovers to connect audiences and actors by truly breaking through the imaginary wall that often separates them. With the guidance and support of theatre arts professionals, members become theatre insiders. Their insights appear on Cadence Theatre Company’s website, the CTC Facebook page, and other community publications. 4th Wall members will invite their peers to contribute actively to the arts community, thereby invigorating the growth of young audiences and by extension, strengthening all artistic endeavor.
Fourth Wall Students at Fun Home in 2017
Our foremost youth group invites young theatre lovers to connect with artists and audiences as they become the next generation of theatre leaders and arts enthusiasts. 4th Wall members agree that they play a vital role in building young audiences, which is crucial to the survival of live theatre. Students create written reviews, behind-the-scenes videos, and social media posts. A great resumé builder, they also host post-show discussions, usher, and give curtain speeches during our Mainstage Season. Our members receive passes to our productions and attend educational gatherings and retreats.
Expectations include 20 volunteer hours in the following areas:
- Attend 4 mandatory meetings (September, December, February, May);
- Must usher for at least TWO CTC mainstage shows and usher for THREE of Virginia Repertory Theatre’s (Virginia Rep) mainstage shows;
- Write theatre reviews & blog posts;
- Promote Utix ($10 day-of-show tickets) for high school and college students with valid ID via social media and word-of-mouth;
- Create promotional videos and radio spots;
- Change Facebook profile pictures week of show;
- Helping to run auditions, assisting with special events, and distributing postcards.
Benefits of membership:
- Complimentary ticket vouchers to Cadence and Virginia Rep mainstage shows;
- Name, picture and personal bio on websites for CTC and Virginia Rep;
- Opportunities to work with professional theatre artists and mentors;
- Build resume, experience and contacts;
- Attend free workshops with guest speakers.
Are you interested in joining the 4th Wall? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!