Theatre Administration Internship - Seasonal
2019 - 2020 Season
The deadline for this application is Friday, March 29th, 2019.
Join a team of hardworking staff members who take pride in the artistic quality of their work. Virginia Repertory Theatre is seeking a seasonal theatre administration intern to join our staff. We are Central Virginia's largest nonprofit professional theatre company, with an annual operating budget of $5.6 million, four distinct venues, an educational touring arm, and an annual audience of 530,000. Virginia Rep creates professional productions of the great comedies, dramas and musicals - past, present and future. We also are dedicated to the development and production of new plays, and we seek to ensure these new works have lives beyond their productions at Virginia Rep.
- Assist Concessions/Gift Shop Manager with weekly inventory and supply ordering
- Assist Manager of Administrative Affairs with weekly reporting and daily accounting
- Assist Manager of Administrative Affairs with HR responsibilities
- Train with Tessitura software
- House manage select Virginia Rep productions at both the Children's Theatre and the November Theatre (supervise volunteer ushers, maintain appropriate conditions in the theatre, and ensure that patrons have an enjoyable theatre experience).
- Assist with financial reporting
- Additional projects as assigned
- Prior customer service and/or sales experience required
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Discretion with confidential information
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: August 27th, 2019 – May 22, 2020
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those interns who need it. Interns able to house themselves will receive a stipend of $180/week. Those interns in need of Virginia Rep housing will receive a stipend of $130/week. Each housed intern will share a bedroom with another intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.
Supervisor: Manager of Administrative and Corporate Affairs
How to Apply
The deadline for this internship has passed. Thanks to all who applied. Please check back in the first quarter of 2020 for next year's opportunities.