Marketing Summer Internship
The deadline for this application is Friday, March 29th, 2019.
Join a team of hardworking staff members who take pride in the artistic quality of their work. Virginia Repertory Theatre is seeking a summer marketing intern to join our staff. We are Central Virginia's largest nonprofit professional theatre company, with an annual operating budget of $5.5 million, four distinct venues, an educational touring arm, and an annual audience of 530,000. Virginia Rep creates professional productions of the great comedies, dramas and musicals - past, present and future. We also are dedicated to the development and production of new plays, and we seek to ensure these new works have lives beyond their productions at Virginia Rep.
- Assist the marketing team to help promote the brand of the theatre both locally and nationally, and specific production sales and promotional efforts
- Assist in the creation/proofreading of promotional materials and playbills
- Assist in the coordination of promotional marketing events
- Represent Virginia Rep at various community events
- Conduct marketing research as needed
- Help maintain and foster Virginia Rep's social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Attend biweekly marketing meetings
- House manage select Virginia Rep productions at both the Children's Theatre and the November Theatre (supervise volunteer ushers, maintain appropriate conditions in the theatre, and ensure that patrons have an enjoyable theatre experience).
- Facilitate Virginia Rep's monthly participation in Mommy and Me community event
- Support Director of Group Sales in performance booking/communication
- Assist in the planning/execution of annual Rep35 event
- Additional projects as assigned
- Proficient knowledge of Google AdWords and various social media applications mandatory; knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Interest in selling/marketing a product/experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to take direction well
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: June 4 – August 20, 2019
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those interns who need it. Interns able to house themselves will receive a stipend of $180/week. Those interns in need of Virginia Rep housing will receive a stipend of $130/week. Each housed intern will share a bedroom with another intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.
Supervisor: Director of Communications
How to Apply
The deadline for this internship has passed. Thanks to all who applied. Please check back in the first quarter of 2020 for next year's opportunities.