Tour Internship - Seasonal
2019 - 2020 Season
This listing has closed. Please check back in 2020 for details about the 2020/21 Season.
Join a team of hardworking staff members who take pride in the artistic quality of their work. Virginia Repertory Theatre is seeking a seasonal tour intern to join our staff. We are Central Virginia’s largest nonprofit professional theatre company, with an annual operating budget of $5.6 million, four distinct venues, an educational touring arm, and an annual audience of 530,000. Virginia Rep creates professional productions of the great comedies, dramas and musicals - past, present and future. We also are dedicated to the development and production of new plays, and we seek to ensure these new works have lives beyond their productions at Virginia Rep.
- Assist the Arts in Education Manager in booking Hugs and Kisses, Virginia's premier child sexual abuse prevention program
- Serve as main contact for the cast of Hugs and Kisses and Families Forward Virginia
- House manage select Virginia Rep productions at both the Children's Theatre and the November Theatre (supervise volunteer ushers, maintain appropriate conditions in the theatre, and ensure that patrons have an enjoyable theatre experience)
- Manage relationships with educators and administrators throughout Virginia
- Additional projects as assigned
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Personal organization and positive attitude
- Basic computer literacy (knowledge of Tessitura a plus)
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Self-motivated, adept at multitasking and working independently
Duration of Internship September, 2019 – May 22, 2020
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those interns who need it. Interns able to house themselves will receive a stipend of $180/week. Those interns in need of Virginia Rep housing will receive a stipend of $130/week. Each housed intern will share a bedroom with another intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.
Supervisor: Director of Tour Operations / Arts in Education Manager
How to Apply
The deadline for this internship has passed. Thanks to all who applied. Please check back in the first quarter of 2020 for next year's opportunities.