The Children's Theatre of Virginia Season
Formerly Theatre IV
2012 - 2013 Season
- The Music Man*
June 28 - August 4, 2013
At the November Theatre at Virginia Rep Center
- Richard Scarry's Busytown
July 5 – July 28, 2013
At Willow Lawn
2013 - 2014 Season
Visit Virginia Rep's Children's Theatre of Virginia at Willow Lawn for magical shows that will create memories your family will treasure.
- Cashore Marionettes
October 2 - 13, 2013
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
November 29 - December 29, 2013
- Harriet Tubman
January 31 - February 21, 2014
- Shrek, The Musical
March 14 - April 27, 2014
- Go, Dog. Go!
July 11 - August 3, 2014
Save with a Children's Theatre of Virginia Family Pack!
- Available now! Call (804) 282-2620, and choose your own dates and times.
- You can also stop by one of our box office locations.
- Willow Lawn Seating Chart
Choose from 3 Family Packs:
- 5 Show Family Pack - Cashore Marionettes, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad, Shrek, the Musical, and Go Dog GO - $70
- 4 Show Family Pack - Cashore Marionettes, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad, Shrek, the Musical - $59
- 3 Show Family Pack - 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, Shrek, the Musical, and Go Dog Go! - $48
For a list of past productions, see the Performance History
When is my child ready for live theatre?
The Children's Theatre of Virginia is the perfect place for a young child's first exposure to live theatre. Most shows last about an hour and children 3 and up will enjoy the costumes and music, even if they don't completely follow the story line. Children who attend theatre in the early years tend to enjoy and better understand performances when they are older. However, some performances are longer and geared for older children so please check the individual show pages for the ideal age.
While the staff at the Children's Theatre of Virginia loves babies and young toddlers, we encourage you to find childcare for infants and children under three. Many times the change in lighting and sound can be disconcerting to very young children. If the theatre is dark, it can be cumbersome and disruptive to leave if a child becomes upset. We are required to ticket every patron and regret that we cannot offer refunds if you need to leave the performance early.
Richmond’s favorite holiday Snow Bear is finding his new exclusive and permanent home at the Children’s Theatre of Virginia at The Shops at Willow Lawn!
He will still make special appearances around town at tree lightings and children’s hospitals, but for general public Snow Bear visits, Willow Lawn is the place to be!