Early Literacy Programs for Preschools, Day Care Centers and Kindergartens.
A proven curriculum based on national best practices for reading readiness. Experience books in a whole new way! We bring the program to you.
2016 Tiny Tales Brochure (pdf)
Tiny Tales At A Glance:
- A one hour, arts integration enrichment program for children aged 3 - 6
- An ideal introduction to reading and the magical world of theatre
- Helps children develop early literacy skills, symbolic and critical thinking, empathy, impulse control, and confidence.
- Teaches children to use their “Performers Tools” - Imagination, Body, Voice, Cooperation, and Focus
Classic stories come alive as students delve into the imaginary worlds of favorite books. Using age-appropriate creative drama, experienced Virginia Rep teaching artists guide your students through a fun, interactive, multi sensory journey into a favorite work of children’s literature.
Each Tiny Tales lesson presents a problem paralleling one in the chosen book. The Teaching Artists take on different character roles as the story unfolds while encouraging the children to offer ideas and suggestions on ways to solve the presented problem. The solution is eventually discovered within the pages of a book.
Busy, Busytown by Richard Scarry
Prudy's Problem and How She Solved It by Carey Armstrong-Ellis
Circles of Hope by Karen Lynn Williams
The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss
Winnie the Pooh: Party in the Wood by Lisa Ann Marsoli
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
Millie Waits for the Mail by Alexander Steffensmeier
The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
Annie and the Wild Animals by Jan Brett
Snowy Valentine by David Petersen
Horton Hatches the Egg by Dr. Seuss
Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
How to catch a star by Oliver Jeffers
Two Affordable Options – You choose the one that works best for you.
1. Pay by the Class
- Teaching Artists visit your school at your convenience
- Artists are available to teach up to 4 classes in a day
- Each class can accommodate up to 20 students
- Pricing is dependent on the number of classes booked in a day.One Class = $150
Two Classes = $125 each
Best Value! Three or Four Classes = $100 each
- Choose a book title from the list provided for each season
2. Six Week Enrichment Session
- Two Virginia Rep teaching artists will visit your school for 6 consecutive weeks, exploring a different book with every visit.
- Each session can accommodate up to 20 students with a minimum enrollment of 8 students.
- The six week session only costs $75 per child. Storybook titles include those listed and more!
For more information call or email Rai Anne Larkins, Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-783-1688 ext 1140
For best choice of dates and times, CALL TODAY!
Tiny Tales is a component program of FIELD® (Family Involvement in Early Literacy Development).