Early Literacy Programs for Preschools, Day Care Centers and Kindergartens.
A proven curriculum based on national best practices for reading readiness. Experience books in a whole new way! We bring the program to you.
Tiny Tales At A Glance:
- A one hour, arts integration enrichment program for children aged 3 - 6
- An ideal introduction to reading and the magical world of theatre
- Helps children develop early literacy skills, symbolic and critical thinking, empathy, impulse control, and confidence.
- Teaches children to use their “Performers Tools” - Imagination, Body, Voice, Cooperation, and Focus
Classic stories come alive as students delve into the imaginary worlds of favorite books. Using age-appropriate creative drama, experienced Virginia Rep teaching artists guide your students through a fun, interactive, multi sensory journey into a favorite work of children’s literature.
Each Tiny Tales lesson presents a problem paralleling one in the chosen book. The Teaching Artists take on different character roles as the story unfolds while encouraging the children to offer ideas and suggestions on ways to solve the presented problem. The solution is eventually discovered within the pages of a book.
Go, Dog, Go! by P.D. Eastman
How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Grandma Lena's Big Ol' Turnip by Denia Lewis Hester
The Baby Beebee Bird by Diane Redfield Massie
I'm Invited To a Party by Mo Willems
The Mitten by Jan Brett
The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray
Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
Leonardo the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems
Buying, Training, and Caring for Your Dinosaur by Laura Rennert
Ming Lo Moves the Mountain by Arnold Lobel
Mucha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming
He Came With the Couch by David Slonim
Hogwash by Karma Wilson
Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin
Two Affordable Options – You choose the one that works best for you.
1. Pay by the Class
- Teaching Artists visit your school at your convenience
- Artists are available to teach up to 4 classes in a day
- Each class can accommodate up to 20 students
- Pricing is dependent on the number of classes booked in a day.One Class = $150
Two Classes = $125 each
Best Value! Three or Four Classes = $100 each
- Choose a book title from the list provided for each season
2. Six Week Enrichment Session
- Two Virginia Rep teaching artists will visit your school for 6 consecutive weeks, exploring a different book with every visit.
- Each session can accommodate up to 20 students with a minimum enrollment of 8 students.
- The six week session only costs $75 per child. Storybook titles include those listed and more!
For more information call or email Jason Sandahl, Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-783-1688 ext 1140
For best choice of dates and times, CALL TODAY!
Tiny Tales is a component program of FIELD® (Family Involvement in Early Literacy Development).