Children's Theatre & Education Internship
Application Deadline: March 20, 2017
The Children’s Theatre & Education Summer Intern will gain valuable experience working in a professional theatre environment while performing the following duties:
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of educational programming and outreach, focusing primarily on the summer camps.
- Represent and market the Virginia Rep’s Children’s Theatre at community events
- Provide administrative support to Education Department as needed
- House manage and/or work backstage crew for select Virginia Rep productions
- Additional projects as assigned
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in theatre, education or a related field
- Experience and passion for teaching creative drama and theatre arts to children ages 3 - 18
- Demonstrates a high level of comfort with improvisation
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred
Duration of Internship: May 30 – August 21, 2017
Supervisor: Education Manager
Compensation: Interns will receive a bi-weekly stipend and local housing is available for those Interns in need of such. For those Interns who are able to house themselves locally, the stipend will be $180/week. For those Interns in need of VA Rep housing, the stipend will be $130/week. Each Intern will share a bedroom with another Intern (non-co-ed) in a fully furnished apartment.